Saturday, July 28, 2007

Sick

I've been fighting it for a week and now it finally caught up. I'm sick. It's sucked because I can't do basic things like my laundry and dishes. In a way, once I've dealt with the fact that I could not sleep, I finally got the strength to turn on the computer and read some articles and catch up on things like this blog entry.

Not too much to report. Over the past two weeks, I've gotten to spend some time really working on my short story. Last weekend I participated in the Harry Potter late night, long line. My son finished the book, I gotten through a quarter of it and, yes, I already read the end. I do that for every book I read. Harry is not special. I'm still too weak to spend a lot of time reading. I know it sounds weird to say that I can write and not read. I think it is the position in which I have to sit. I less than a month and a half I begin dance class and I've kept in better shape this summer than last. Of course this weekend will be a setback as I can't do more than walk to my kitchen sink and the couch.

My son has kept my company while I've been sick. We watched a lot of Avatar and Class of 3000 episodes and several movies. He was even willing to watch previously recorded knitting shows if it made me feel better. I didn't; chances are good he would have seen a project in one of the episodes and wanted me to make one for him.

Wow! I just made soup for breakfast and found that I can almost taste my food. That must be a sign of progress.

I'm sure today will be much of the same--watching TV, surfing the net and writing; lots of Ibeuprofin and water.

Well, I'll write more when I'm feeling better.

Rachael

No comments: