Friday, August 24, 2007

Change of Job, Change of Life

TGIF.
Happy TGIF.
Merry TGIF.
TFIG
ITGF
IFTG
GIFT- God It's Friday, Thanks :)

It's early morning and I've stretched out. For the first time in a week, I got a full night's sleep. Lots on my mind since I started my new work at the Department of Fish and Game. I'm their Pub Tech II, which means I edit a lot of work. It's kind of like what I did at GI, only this is science documents and not curriculum. The rules are somewhat different and there are a lot to learn. Whenever I start a new job, the first two weeks are filled with sleepless nights. I don't care if I was just working at McDonald's. I swear I wouldn't sleep one iota.

Part of what helped most last night is that I took a shift at FAA's Bear Gallery, which meant I spent four hours just writing and reading up on investing. I can't emphasis how much putting a few words on paper really alleviates stress. Maybe that's why I'm writing this now so early in the morning.

I read Ivan 'Son Traidores' and he identified some tonal problems that I worked on yesterday. I'm half way through with another set of edits and soon can set it aside. I've been working on a complete redraft of Angela's story inspired by 'The 48 Laws of Power.' I'm reading Philip K. Dick's ' Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep' and 'The Art of Seduction.' It's been great.

So anyway, my new job is just a blast. Not that I've completely mastered everything that is expected from me. It always takes me 6 months to a year before I get it all down and then it is just a matter of maintaining my duties. The people at my job are so cool and finally I am working for the type of supervisor I enjoy. One that is not so stressed out. Stress is becoming a word that is equivalent to a four letter word.

Saturday is our placement auditions for dance. Actually, I'm taking the class so that I can just get the initial soreness over with. I can already tell you what classes I will take. I've improved, but not miraculously enough to suddenly be a Ballet III-IV or in some other Advanced Placement whatever. I'll return to Hip Hop II-III, Ballet II-III, and Tap I. Actually I'm also planning on taking Ballet I because Ann lets me take the class in my pointe shoes. I know this just rips at other people not bold enough to ask if they can take the class in pointe too. I guess I just don't have any shame, or maybe I'm ambitious. I don't know.

Well, my husband is out of the shower and I need to start getting ready. Write more later.

RK

No comments: