Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Arms Around the World

No migraines. Big improvement from yesterday. Moved forward on web work. My house is a wreck. I have class tonight and Ivan has a band concert. No migraines though and that is a big improvement. My eyes are bouncing all over from staring at words all day at work.

I'm not in a bad mood, but I must be in 'A' Mood because I am listening to U2's Achtung Baby! for the 3rd time today. Kelsey asked me if it was a sad album because I was listening to it Saturday when I was in a sad mood, but I explained to her that it was a sort of angry and confused album. Why it comes out when I'm in a so, so mood is beyond me. It is an album that is sort of hopeful "Baby, baby, baby light my way..." It is an album that is dismissive "Don't let the bastards get you down..." It is an album that is suggestive "Who's gonna ride your wild horses? Who's gonna drown in your blue sea?" It is an album that asks for forgiveness "It's one love, one need in the middle of the night..." And though I was not a big U2 fan when the album came out, I think it connects me to a time when I felt all of those things at once and some times still do.

My husband is having issues about a leather jacket. My son's new leather jacket that he found at a garage sell, brand new, and sleek. I don't know why my husband has issues with this jacket. Yes, my son wants to wear it everywhere, all the time, even with things it doesn't necessarily look good with; but he is 13 and if every 13 year old listened to what us adults had to say about fashion (science, math, art, etc.) then we would still be killing saber tooth tigers with sticks, eating raw meat and wearing loin cloths of poison ivy. So perhaps I am feeling oh so Achtung Baby! because I remember a time when I had to fight my parents over a pair of silver shoes or cut up jeans, or giant MC Hammer pants. At least it is a leather jacket. It could be oh so worse. He could be wearing his pants down to his knees.

Well, I better go. I have class in an hour and I have to get downtown.

Write more later. Love and Kisses. RK

No comments: