Sunday, July 20, 2008

Congratulation Mrs. Ashley Long/ Dance Camp Pt. II



I'm Sorry if I get Your Last Name Wrong...

I'm sorry Ashley Long if I keep reverting to your old last name. Though I'm not your mother or your sister or as close a friend as others. You have been Ashley Hale since I've known you. When you first came into DTF and I said, "Wow! That is some RED hair." I will always remember you as the shy girl who did an Ab-Fab Goldie Locks and made me cry as Thumbelina's "mother." You've mentioned that you will dance, but perhaps not in company and I think of all the countertops and dressing mirrors we have shared and I think, "Well, who will I sit next to now?"

I'm going to say Ashley Hale for years to come. I will have to shake my head and say "Long" and grimance and apologize. It is hard to let go of the people we knew and allow them to grow into the people they are. I am happy for you and Daniel. I know things will go well. I know you have a lot of love in your heart. I never every want you to forget the 'you' in the equation because without you there is no 'us' or 'them' or 'two.'

Dance Camp Week Two, One Night Away

It's 11 pm. I've been home after Ashley's wedding reception watching Graham Norton with Ivan and teasing him about my new nickname for him (psst. It's Farmer Chuck). I don't know why I've been calling him that, but it is something that came out one day as he was walking up the stairs and I've been calling him F.C. since then (he gets all sensitive about the actual name Farmer Chuck).

Dance Camp continues tomorrow. 8:30 a.m. and I'll be stretching out in jazz class. Kendell asked me to rehearse with her Carol and Yolanda at the studio in the evening. I think I'm going to end camp this week after ballet because I would like more time transcribing notes and finishing my drawing of Angela (the picture to the left is her sister Rebbeca). I have other regular chores I set aside this weekend and Ivan needs more guidance cleaning out that bedroom. Aparently instructing him to 'get rid of what he does not use' isn't cutting it. I have to sit there and ask him if he uses stuff. I feel like Nieci on Clean House.

Well... I'm off. Ivan is heading to bed and that is a sign that I should head on too. For some reason I have felt much more peaceful than usual after a morning that started with much sadness. I am still mourning the loss of our director and changes all around and in me. People think that changing your own perspective about yourself is a happy time, but there is also much sadness and anger that comes with it too. It is probably close to poem time soon. It is usually how I talk about the most important things in life.

Love you all... Peace... RK

12 comments:

Arctic Bella said...

That is wonderful, I enjoyed the wedding,too.

There was also some sadness at seeing Miss Ann and knowing that some things have ended that were really joyful at DTF. But there could be more inspired dance ahead, we just don't like the unknown that we face right now.
See you at 7:30 to practice.

Anonymous said...

zolpidem from canada ambien side effects next day nausea - zolpidem order online

Anonymous said...

xanax online generic xanax round blue pill - xanax bars

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam diazepam benzo - duration of diazepam withdrawal

Anonymous said...

zolpidem online ambien withdrawal xanax - generic ambien weaker

Anonymous said...

online xanax no prescription xanax withdrawal constipation - buying xanax online safe

Anonymous said...

buy zolpidem zolpidem tartrate weight gain - zolpidem tartrate lunesta

Anonymous said...

diazepam 5mg diazepam dosage child - buy mano-diazepam

Anonymous said...

lorazepam vs diazepam diazepam online rezept - how do i buy valium online

Anonymous said...

xanax medication buy xanax malaysia - xanax and alcohol and pot

Anonymous said...

where can i buy xanax online buy generic xanax no prescription - xanax xr no prescription

Anonymous said...

buy xanax online long you high xanax - xanax dosage 20 pound dog