Friday, August 29, 2008

Just Sleep and Wa-Pow Your Governors in the Run for Vice President!

Things that Make You Go Hmmm...

Okay, so people have described that fall-out-of-your-chair moment when you see, read, or hear something amazing. I've never had this though I did once tell someone that I didn't know if I should pass out or throw up, but that is a different story.

This morning though I fell out of my chair...

I loaded up the morning paper (yeah, like I'd buy a hardcopy at a newsstand) and BAM! Straight up first headline: McCain Chooses Alaska Governor Sarah Palin as Candidate for VP. The Anchorage Daily News quotes State Sentate President Lyda Green as thinking it was a joke when someone called her a 6 a.m. with the news. I can't say that I wasn't too far behind Green, but not for the same reason. I'm probably more in the John Binkley camp (and for the record I'm not a Republican) who feels its easy to underestimate Sarah Palin. However, I did not think anyone from Alaska would every get a prominent nomination because I didn't think anyone really gave a shit what people in Alaska thought. I mean on election night they would announce the presidential winners before our polls even closed because they had already deemed that Alaska's electoral votes weren't enough to change anything. Makes me think this is McCain's grand scheme to invite oil drilling, or as Gary Kamiya theorizes that he is trying to do a flip-switch-mirror of Obama's VP choice, or as Senator Barbara Boxerget (in a harsh criticism) that he is out to get the Hilary votes.

Either way it doesn't matter. I fell out my chair.

On the California Homefront:
Faith and Prop. 8


Okay, while I'm on my rant of eyebrow-tweaking ideas here are the thoughts of John Rabe about Divorce vs. Gay/Lesbianism and how we go to great lengths to legislate one and not the other. John... I think you're getting close to influencing an episode of Lewis Black's Root of All Evil.

*SIGH* I haven't even got up off the floor from the news of Palin yet.

Alright. I have enough writing material to last me a year now. Between the Little Voguish Governor that Could and John's illustrate crickets calling for equality in legislation (or better yet to just be allowed to live); today, for me, has been about all the mundane washing, folding, loading dishwashing and talking with principals about how no student has a distinct voice on the radio unless they are singing and it is Hannah Montana. Now, I am going to Barnes and Noble and indulge in the regular world of Sherlock Holmes.

The game is afoot.

Peace... RK

No comments: