Thursday, October 16, 2008

Class is in Session

It is almost a miracle that modern teaching methods have not yet entirely strangled the holy curiousity of inquiry; for what this delicate little plant needs more than anything, besides stimulation, is freedom - Albert Einstein

Extending Time


Miracles. Sometimes I attribute my mental agility to miracles. Last week I began my F142 class from Writer Village University (WVU). After a clueless brainstorming session, I put pen to paper and using four hours a day, managed to complete the draft of a story. I don't know what it's called yet, but its about purchasing the ability to slow down time from a vending machine. This weekend I will need to type it up to submit to my classmates.

Like any other writer, I faced many life hoops during this time. I had to hunt down my son who went MIA after school last Friday, attended a really long football banquet, a fun Sukkah gathering at my friend's house, and regular dance classes. Three of my other WVU classes also started this week. I am taking P102, F100, and the famous F2K. The last, I have tried two other times to complete. Since I'm working on earning the short story certificate, I'm determined to complete it this time. On top of this I continue work on Rebbeca 2.1. Today I hope to make headway on the genetics research, if not complete it. Tomorrow we have the day off from work, but I am already scheduled to review the photos I took at Zoe's wedding so that she can review them next week. I have a few other website maintenance things to shore up and most likely I will have to write the dreaded email that tells a client that we have to restructure the menus on their site because the old menu is built on outdated technology. Between these things and my regular house chores I will be busy. I also know that we are planning some extra rehearsal time on Sunday. It is only 2 & 1/2 weeks until Dance Theatre Fairbanks presents Boogiejuice and we haven't even started working on my Stingy Jack scene.

All in all this has been a better week.

Well, I'll write more as we move into the weekend. With the political season in full bloom, Ivan and I continue our discussions in the realm of government. Last night he reminded me how little I know about our our U.S. Constitution and showed me that while we have laws the prevent discrimination of voting, we find new ways to make people believe they are powerless. That is for another post.

Stay warm... Peace... RK

No comments: