Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Caught Between a Zune and a Hard Place!

Two Digital Art Pieces Selected for Upcoming Show

Before we go into my experience with Z2K-- Let's brighten our morning with the good news:

Two of my multimedia pieces- Technology and Piano Boy- are featured in the upcoming Fairbanks Arts Association Bear Gallery show: NEW MEDIA: art via digital technology
The show runs Jan 2nd - Jan 31st, with a traditional First Friday opening on January 2nd from 5-8 PM in the Bear Gallery (in Pioneer Park's Alaska Centennial Center for the Arts [i.e. the birthday cake building, also known at the pickle barrel] on the 3rd floor). Admission is free.

And now onto Z2K...

Yup. I am the proud owner of a 30 gig Zune, one of the many that bilked out after midnight last night. I didn't find out until this morning when I went to turn it on for our traditional morning playlist (okay I lie, I was really going to listen to the Twilight Soundtrack). Anyway, mine froze in at the reboot interface. WTF!!! I was totally bummed until I got to work and called my husband. He asks, "Didn't you get my email?" I was like, "No, I'm too pissed to read email!" He laughed and told me it was some total meltdown of Zune 30 gigs. I laughed so hard I almost cried. I will be crying though if Microsoft doesn't get a fix out soon. I don't think I can live very long without a music player!!!

Upcoming Performance!

DTF is performing at a Community Celebration on Sunday, January 4 somewhere around 2 PM at the Carlson Center. We are performing Ice, Ice Baby, Fallin' (Alicia Keys), Smooth (Rob Thomas), Breathe, Stretch, Shake (Mase), Manhunt (Flashdance Soundtrack), and more (i.e. dances in which I am not involved). I've performed in most venues in Fairbanks, but this will be my first time at the Carlson Center. I'm excited!

Also, if you are a big Hip Hop fan and would love some new choreography. Jeremy Knutsen is coming up from Los Angeles from January 5-10 to hold workshop for various dance levels (schedule and prices). Jeremy is a great instructor and always pulls off some amazing dances. This is well worth braving the -40 and -50 temperatures to attend!!!

MISC

Otherwise I continue to wrap up other projects. I have made amazing progress. My focus impresses me. I am thankful.

Love you all... Write more later... PEACE, RK

No comments: