Monday, August 17, 2009

Joining the Wolfpack at West Valley High School

First Day of School
"My education was dismal. I went to a series of schools for mentally disturbed teachers."-Woody Allen (1935 - )
Ivan claims he slept, but seriously I'm sure he didn't. If he did, he dreamt of attending classes, playing football, and hanging out with his friends in the commons. Ivan is starting 9th grade at West Valley High School. Last night he packed his backpack with his matching stylized binders, composition and spiral notebooks, and folders; all his football gear into the bright red gym bag and decided to wear nothing too special to school (he settled on his Randy Smith Middle School sweatshirt). In classic Ivan fashion, he left his class schedule on the kitchen table and most likely had to pick up a new one at the front office. My son better make a killing in his professional life so he can hire an assistant to keep him moving forward.

Looking Back on Summer
"No man needs a vacation so much as the man who has just had one."-Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)

Yesterday, Jen and I ran around the main shopping areas for last minute school supplies, art supplies, and new ideas for future projects. Besides my regular web design projects, I am knitting Miriam a backpack. Thursday is the start of dance class. Right off the bat I have three back-to-back classes. I've been working out and dancing over the summer, but I've also spent a lot of lazy days around the house too. Summer is definitely about indulgence and burning the candle at both ends. This weekend was not different. Between 10 hours of D-N-D and 10 hours analyzing fabric and room designs with Jen, the Eskridge/Crowson house is probably really sick of seeing me.


A Change Will Do You Good
"Household tasks are easier and quicker when they are done by somebody else."-James Thorpe (1888 - 1953)

This fall/winter looks like another adventure in creative design, hard work, and many long happy days. Now that David (with help from many, many wonderful family and friends) have pulled together the new addition to the Eskridge/Crowson house, I've offered to help where I can with the room design. Actually Jen and David, will probably do most of the work, but there will be touches of Rachael--specialized curtains for Thailia's room and maybe a knitted pillow for Miriam. These are things I planned to do if I had daughters. This is why it is good to have a village to help raise a family.

No comments: