Wednesday, October 14, 2009

If You Had One Dance Left, What Song Would You Choose

This philosophical question came last week while watching "So you Think You Can Dance." Three dancers ended up in this face-off round and the judge instructed them to dance like their life depended on it. When it came time for critiques the judge told the dancers that he did not believe he danced like his life depended on it. He told him to imagine this as his last dance ever.

That got me to thinking: If I in fact knew that I was dancing for the VERY LAST time, what song would I choose?

My mind immediately went to some of my favorites:

•A Day In the Life by the Beatles
•Golden Slumbers Medely also by the Beatles
•Apologize by Timberland and One Republic
•Dance,Damce by Fall Out Boy

Then I thought: This is my ABSOLUTE last dance.

Anyone to whom I've posed this question finds it equally as hard to pick a song. Ivan was so sure that his last song would be a Goo Goo Dolls song, but them remembered his personal theme song was "All the Things I've Done" by the Killers.

My personal theme song is "Happy Ending" by Mika, but my all-time favorite song is "Sir Duke" by Stevie Wonder. See how hard choosing a song can be?

Eventually, I decided my criteria was flawed. In the end I chose a song that would say something about my spirit. I settled on "Acrobat" by U2 simply because it says: "And don't let the bas---ds grind you down."

-- Post From My iPhone (I love you THAT much)

No comments: