Friday, March 19, 2010

What I Learned at a Chinese Resteraunt Today

I had lunch with my parents today at a local Chinese restaurant, a buffet more specifically. At the end the waiter brought the traditional fortune cookie for each person. I am a fan of what is essentially an American creation because it requires two seconds of thought before moving on with the day. Since my parents didn't
want their cookies, I got a full six seconds of thought. Whoo Hoo!

What I learned today ( in order of cookie opened):

  1. We can learn much from wise words, and much less from wise guys: In other words don't take advice from Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum even if their recitation of The Walrus and the Carpenter is impeccable
  2. Wiseness makes for oneself an island which no flood can overwhelm: I take this to mean that I still too far inland. I also question if that island is any fun
  3. You can't steal second base and keep one foot on first: Okay, my initial reaction was "I need longer legs.". But yes, I know it should be more like," Run Forrest, run!"

I also learned my parents equate drama free with boring. But I didn't need a fortune cookie to know that.



-- Post From My iPhone (I love you THAT much)

No comments: