Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wonderful Wednesday Made by Necessary Risks



Task List in Perspective

Monday was a brain dead morning. I sat staring at my calendar wondering, "How am I going to get it all done?" trastudios wanted a redesign. Dance Theatre Fairbanks wanted a redesign. Someone had contacted me about ghostwriting a book and several article proposals sat on my desk. I anticipated the need for some XML research and dammit if I wasn't going to update this blog by the end of the week. I have three back to back dance performances and ongoing classes and rehearsals. There wasn't enough coffee to make my brain contemplate time appropriately. So I gave up and went to my email. After all it had been several weeks since I read one of my favorite bloggers Dave Navarro.

Sure enough Dave had posted a blog about two weeks back that put me in the right perspective to throw my calendar aside and find faith that everything will get done. In his article Why Worry Keeps You Poor (And How to Fix It) Dave gives a fresh perspective about fears of failure and success. He makes it clear that every person, even successful people carry fears, but only worriers are immobilized by those fears. He differentiates successful people from worriers by the amount of necessary risk they are willing to take to accomplish their goals. I felt really good by the end of the article because I am a risk taker, and while most people use that in such negative context when discussing my personality, here was a person that clearly described this a good trait. I immediately got to work on one of the major projects and now it is almost complete. Yeah, it took some late nights and research and talking to myself like a crazy person. But things are getting done without worry. It will come together. Dave has given me faith.

Yeah for Dave!

Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity.
- Christopher Morley

No comments: