Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Latest Article: Avatar Martial Arts Styles | eHow.com


This was perhaps the funnest article to write because it incorporated my two most favorite things:

1) Watching Avatar: The Last Airbender
2) Actually practicing martial arts

I currently study southern Shaolin with pieces of the northern style mixed in; and previously studied Karate and Tae Kwon Do. So you might see why I ran out to see the current Last Airbender movie even though every one of my Facebook friends gave it a bad review. The martial arts were amazing though Ivan and I did agree that it took a a super long time for any of the benders to ACTUALLY attack. Still when the opportunity came around to write about the martial arts style used in the movie, I jumped at the chance. I learned a lot about the similarities and difference between martial arts schools, much more than actually appears in the article.

Check it out:

Avatar Martial Arts Styles | eHow.com

No comments: